Autism Certified Resorts
Spending time at resorts and engaging in activities that stimulate the mind and body is a great way for individuals with autism to see and experience the world (and for any of us to do so, actually). It’s also great for the whole family because it gives you a chance to relax and take a break from your normal daily routine.
However, not all resorts are suited for family members with autism. Going to a resort that doesn’t understand the needs of your autistic child can ruin the whole vacation. Choosing an autism-friendly resort instead will make all the difference.
Other resorts without proper training can’t accommodate your needs as well as one that has taken steps to increase their knowledge and understanding of autism. For example, resorts that have completed the IBCCES Certified Autism Center or CAC programs have the potential to provide a better vacation experience.
No matter where your child falls on the autism spectrum, CAC and ACAC certified resorts are better equipped to take care of their special needs than non-certified resorts. The majority of the staff members are well-trained and very knowledgeable about how to provide for all of their guests.
When traveling with someone on the autism spectrum, you need a resort you can depend on to provide the services you need. They should be able to cater to special diets and provide activities that everyone in your family can enjoy.
If you tend to stay close to home instead of venturing too far away because you have a special needs child, maybe it’s time to see what a CAC certified resort has to offer. You may find that taking vacations is a lot easier than you ever imagined possible.
Here are five resorts that are autism certified to help you plan your next vacation:
- The Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa – Located in beautiful Florida, this resort has done the work and put in the hours to be more accommodating and sensitive to the needs of their autistic guests. This autism-friendly resort truly knows how to make your stay a pleasant one.
- Beaches Resorts – Beaches Resorts have fully trained staff members to care for individuals on the autism spectrum. Their training allows them to understand that everyone with autism is different in some way. They’re qualified to provide the special attention your child needs, including preparing special meals that meet their dietary needs.
- TradeWinds Island Resort – This friendly resort is located in St. Petersburg, Florida. It’s a great CAC resort with friendly and efficient staff members. Some of their activities include a pirate show, water park, and even parasailing for the adventurer in your group. If you prefer, you can sit on the beach, relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort – If you’re searching for a resort that has a little something for everyone, this is it. This CAC certified resort has everything from video games to a kids’ club. While they do speak English at this gorgeous Bavaro Beach resort, Spanish is the primary language.
- Discovery Cove – Located in Orlando Florida, Discovery Cove was the first Day Resort and animal interaction park to get CAC certified in the United States. There are so many wonderful things to do such as exploring reefs and lagoons, swimming with the dolphins and even feeding the exotic birds by hand. The relaxed atmosphere and well-trained staff make this resort absolutely perfect for individuals with autism.
Traveling to and spending time at various resorts is a great learning and bonding opportunity for families. Don’t miss out on all the fun and excitement just because someone in your family is autistic. Check out one of the resorts above to discover how a Certified Autism Center can make a difference in your life. Rest assured, you will receive the best care and services available so you can sit back, relax and actually enjoy your vacation.